Fuel tanks exploded at the Noble House Seafoods at Eccles, East Bank Demerara (EBD) on Monday at approximately 13:45hrs, when workers were refuelling a boat, and the pandemonium that ensued could have resulted in massive destruction.Fortunately, fire-fighters vigorously battled the blaze, and were successful in bringing a dangerous situation under control.Fire Fighters try to contain the blaze at Noble House SeafoodsGuyana Times understands that while the boat was being refuelled, a spark ignited a flame that quickly erupted into a fire, causing panic among workers. Two employees who were in the vicinity of the fuel tank area raised an alarm, and company employees were all safely evacuated.Deputy Chief Fire Officer Winston McGregor told the media that company workers were using trawlers to transfer the fuel from the tanks to the boat when a valve in one of the pumps flew open. It came into contact with a fuel pump and caused the spark that erupted into a fire, which spread quickly.“Our preliminary investigation revealed that they were transferring fuel from one of the tanks to the trawlers (when) a valve in the pump flew open (and) caused the fuel to come into contact with the pump, which ignited (a fire that) spread”, he explained; adding that the workers who were refuelling the boat became afraid and ran, leaving the valve open.“The person that was pumping became afraid and ran and left the pump, and the valve (was already) open, so there was a continuous flow of fuel throughout the fire-fighting operations. After we brought the fire under control, we were able to control the tank, and then completely extinguish the fire,” Mc Gregor detailed.He applauded the work of the fire fighters, and thanked the company’s employees for their cooperation in evacuating the building.This publication was also able to speak with Divisional Officer of the Guyana Fire Service, Colin Sparman, who was on scene. He relayed that the blaze could’ve been worse, but the Fire Service was able to fight it strategically.“When we received the call, immediately we dispatched the West Ruimveldt Fire Service and two fire trucks from Central Fire Station, one with the capacity to hold 2000 gallons of water,” he detailed.Because of the magnitude of the fire and the materials involved, the fire-fighters had to use foam to battle the fire. This, Sparman revealed, “suppressed the fire and prevented the oxygen from penetrating (the foam), which aided in us battling the blaze successfully.”Miraculously, no one was injured during this blaze.