Read Also: PSG launch crowdfunding initiative against COVID-19“This is a very important period. The club’s future is not at stake, but our room for manoeuvre in the future is,” said one club source, and they could certainly do with the broadcast money.Meanwhile, Roures insists his company will survive the impact of the current crisis, although it does not even yet have a channel set up to show games.“I am not saying there is no impact, but we always respect our contracts,” he told L’Equipe.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone10 Characters Who Would Make Astounding Disney PrincessesTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?20 Facts That’ll Change Your Perception Of “The Big Bang Theory” Viewers wishing to watch beIN Sports will need a Canal Plus subscription. Roures called it a “strategic alliance” between the two companies. – Crisis very real – The crisis is very real for the clubs, who are left wondering what will happen if the season does not resume. Payments from television amounted to 36 percent of total revenue for Ligue 1 teams last season, by far their biggest source of income. However, leading voices at other clubs have dismissed fears of a conflict of interest in the case of Al-Khelaifi. “Nasser did not put himself forward. We asked him. We need to be clear,” said Lille president Gerard Lopez. Al-Khelaifi’s own club also risk taking by far the biggest hit if no more games are played — L’Equipe claimed PSG could lose 215 million euros between the loss of projected gate receipts and Champions League revenues. PSG are the fifth richest club in the world going by the latest Deloitte Football Money League with revenue of 635.9 million euros last year, but their annual wage bill is an estimated 337 million euros. Loading… Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser al-Khelaifi has been accused of becoming embroiled in a conflict of interest in a dispute over television payments to French football clubs facing a financial crisis in the coronavirus pandemic.Al-Khelaifi, 46, is the public face of the Qatari ownership of PSG which has transformed them into one of Europe’s most powerful clubs.Paris Saint-Germain’s Qatari president Nasser Al-Khelaifi at a press conferenceHe is also the head of BeIN Media Group, who as one of the chief broadcasters of France’s Ligue 1 have withheld the latest payment due to clubs because of the ongoing suspension of the season. Canal Plus, who pay the most for broadcast rights, have done the same. Despite that, Al-Khelaifi has been mandated by the French league (LFP) along with three other club presidents to lead negotiations with Canal Plus in an attempt to convince them to pay up. The president of the company who have bought the rights to show Ligue 1 games from next season blasted Al-Khelaifi in an interview published on Thursday. “I don’t understand how Nasser can be leading a negotiation when he is an interested party,” Jaume Roures of the Spanish group Mediapro told sports daily L’Equipe. “It is incomprehensible. The attitude of Canal Plus and beIN towards the league is also Nasser’s attitude. He is not a third party who has come out of nowhere.” BeIN held back paying an instalment of 42 million euros to the LFP for the rights to broadcast games. That was after Canal Plus said they would not pay 110 million euros ($121 million) due this month. The money due from Canal Plus represents 15 percent of the total broadcast money for the season in Ligue 1, and includes 43 million euros due for matches shown before the campaign was suspended on March 13. Mediapro, which is Chinese-owned, bought up the bulk of the domestic rights to Ligue 1 for four years starting next season. The total deal is worth a record 1.15 billion euros a year, with beIN paying a minority of that amount.
An international non-governmental organization (NGO), BRAC-Liberia, has received 2.7 million United States dollars from the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare for the implementation of health services around Liberia.The country Director of BRAC Liberia, Mr. Mohammed Adams Salam, said this was a new activity that will affect more than 539,000 people. It will create awareness related to improving health, while increasing knowledge of maternal mortality, and child health, through local health forums, meetings, and programs.He explained that since 2008, improvements in the delivery of health services in seven counties have positively affected many young people. An impressive reduction in maternal mortality, has been made as a result of BRAC’s intervention, we were told.He said that the US$2.7 million allotted by the Ministry of health and Social Welfare to improve health services in the country, will be used for the intended purposes.We have been working with many communities in ensuring that those areas received the education required about health. Also speaking at the launch of the National Advocacy campaign, program manager Lugemwa E. Patrick, said the organization (BRAC) would use a community-based approach to addressing maternal and child health care in 15 targeted counties in Liberia, with 106,000 women and adolescent girls as its main beneficiaries.According to Patrick, the organization has targeted Lofa, Margibi, Nimba, Grand Bassa, Montserrado, Bong and Grand Cape Mount, within three years with the aim of improving basic health care services in those places.The manager also assured the public that 55,000 pregnant women within the targeted areas will received the right information before child-birth. He added that women and girls will be empowered to make choices about pregnancy and made knowledgeable about family planning. He explained that BRAC has targeted 200,000 house members around the country through community awareness activities who stand to benefit directly and indirectly.Speaking on behalf of MOH&SW, Tolbert G. Nyenswah, Assistance Minister for Preventive Services, commended BRAC for their role over the years in improving health services around Liberia.Minister Nyenswah said that aspects of reproductive health as outlined by BRAC/Liberia and other health services are keys issues for citizens.He explained that young people must receive the necessary education about reproductive cases, newborn, and child health-care, that allow many young people to make informed decisions for their families and the future of Liberia.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)