FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Phil McKenna for InsideClimate News:The top three coal companies in the U.S. mine the majority of their coal, as much as 88 percent of their total production, from land owned and leased by the federal government, according to a report published Wednesday by the environmental group Greenpeace.The report, which detailed the companies’ dependence on subsidized, government-owned coal, came two months after Arch Coal, the second largest U.S. coal producer, filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday Peabody Energy, the world’s largest private sector coal mining company, said in a financial report that it may also seek bankruptcy protection.Greenpeace obtained the information through a public records request for information about federal coal production for each of the companies and their subsidiaries in 2014. The group then compared this information to each company’s total coal production. The report added to existing knowledge of industry’s reliance on subsidized coal from federal lands or coal that is otherwise owned by the U.S. government.The report found that each of the three companies rely on federal coal for more than two-thirds of their production. Two of the companies, Cloud Peak Energy and Arch Coal, get more than 80 percent from federally leased land. At the same time, the companies have tried to block federal policies that threaten this business model.“These companies are attacking climate change policies, clean air rules, clean water rules and decry a so called ‘war on coal,’” said Joe Smyth, Greenpeace spokesperson and author of the report. “At the same time they depend to a huge extent on federal coal.”Government watchdogs said the report shines a light on longstanding policies favorable to coal companies. The federal government has provided the coal industry with more than $70 billion in tax breaks and subsidies since 1950, according to a 2009 report by Taxpayers for Common Sense. For years, companies have been granted access to the country’s immense public-land coal resource at prices well below market value. Study: U.S. Coal-Mining Companies Are Dependent on Cheap Federal Coal
Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in Pepe (Picture: Getty)United have had a long-standing interest in Pepe and last week stepped up their interest in the Lille star.Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is desperate to add quality and new characters to his squad, with United also chasing Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes.AdvertisementAdvertisementUnited are preparing to collect a big transfer fee for Romelu Lukaku, after rejecting a £54m offer from Inter for the striker.The Manchester side want closer to £75m for Lukaku, but will use the funds raised from the sale to go after Pepe.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City Manchester United advance transfer talks with Lille over signing of Nicolas Pepe Comment Pepe is expected to leave Lille this summer (Picture: Getty)Manchester United have progressed talks with Lille to sign Nicolas Pepe, according to reports.Arsenal and Liverpool are chasing Pepe and French media claim the Premier League duo have lodged offers for the forward.The 24-year-old is one of the most in-demand attackers this summer following his impressive season for Lille in which he scored 22 goals in Ligue 1.Lille want upwards of £70million for Pepe and The Times claim United have advanced discussions to sign the goalscorer.ADVERTISEMENT Advertisement United advanced talks with Lille last week (Picture: Getty)While Lille are eager to cash in on Pepe, the player is yet to give an indication on which side he wants to join this summer.Pepe is on holiday after taking part in the Africa Cup of Nations over the summer.Only Kylian Mbappe (33) scored more goals than Pepe in Ligue 1 last season, as the winger caught the eye of several top clubs.La Liga and Serie A sides are interested in Pepe and Paris Saint-Germain have also been tipped to raid their French rivals.MORE: Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to take on Roy Keane’s advice after private chatMore: FootballBruno Fernandes responds to Man Utd bust-up rumours with Ole Gunnar SolskjaerNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira moves Coral BarrySunday 21 Jul 2019 11:41 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.4kShares Advertisement
Philip and Gianna Di Bella now have a new New Farm at home. Picture: Annette Dew.COFFEE king Phillip Di Bella and his wife Gianna, have beaten two other interested buyers to secure a New Farm home for $6.5 million.The couple, who have listed their 30 Turner St, New Farm home for sale, bought the 1016sq m residence in Sydney St, New Farm which was architecturally designed by Monster Ideas Architects and built by CGH Construction.Matt Lancashire of Ray White New Farm negotiated the sale which was finalised on Friday.More from newsNew apartments released at idyllic retirement community Samford Grove Presented by Parks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus21 hours ago“There were three seriously interested parties in the Sydney St home which sits on the corner of Oxlade Drive,” Mr Lancashire said. The new home at Sydney St, New Farm.He said the Di Bella’s were very happy with the new home for their family and that interest was also good for the home they were selling. It was targeted at $5 million plus buyers.“The Brisbane prestige property market seems to be off to a flying start and we expect to see many more high-end sales take place over the coming months,” Mr Lancashire said.Mr Di Bella said it would be sad to leave the Turner Ave home, however it was time for a change for the family.“It’s an amazing home and we hope the next family will enjoy it as much as we have,” Mr Di Bella said.
EveryMatrix supports Enlabs with Optibet esports launch June 22, 2020 New sponsors secured for inaugural Affiliate Insider Bootcamp February 12, 2018 Share Related Articles Relax Gaming reinforces presence in Baltic region July 9, 2018 Share Following the launch of its brand in Lithuania back in October 2018, Optibet has strengthened its current offering by including the addition of betting to its product range. The news comes as the operator confirms the enhancement to its in-house development strategy, which seeks to create opportunities for customer acquisition, increased revenue, improved profit margin and a generally more diversified revenue model.Robert Andersson, President and CEO, said of the launch: “This is a key launch for the entire Enlabs. Of course, that we offer betting in Lithuania means a lot to our business in this country, but it is also another big step towards being the obvious choice as an operator in “The Baltics and beyond”. “It demonstrates the strength we have throughout the organisation, but above all it proves our technical expertise when we now launch a newly developed betting product on our new dynamic platform. This means that the new platform will become an even more competitive product, which in the long run will lead to significant efficiency gains throughout the organisation.”As it stands, there are currently seven online licensed operators in Lithuania, with one of the main conditions meaning that all gaming operators must be tethered to land-based operations. As a result of this regulation, Enlabs currently operates 21 betting shops in the country, all under the Optibet brand.“The launch of our own developed betting product is a very important milestone for Optibet in Lithuania, the largest of the Baltic states by population. Lithuania is the market where we see the greatest growth potential in the whole region. The fact that we can now deliver a broader product portfolio gives us great opportunities to accelerate our growth. We have clear indications of high demand for betting in Lithuania which makes me optimistic about the future. It has been a brilliant effort by the team and with the product out on market we will continue to offer Lithuania’s best customer service,” said Miko Salo, Chief Commercial Officer of Enlabs. Submit StumbleUpon