ILOILO City – The enhanced communityquarantine could drive economically-displaced people to play games of chancefor money. On March 23, the following were caughtin Barangay Quintin Salas, Jaro: Mary Cris Sara, 29; Brixo Liboon, 59; andVictor Villarin, 47, all of Barangay MV Hechanova, Jaro. The five recent anti-illegal gamblingpolice operations were conducted in the City Proper and Jaro district. The quarantine is being imposed tostop the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The very limitedmovement of people and unavailability of public transport have forced manypublic and private businesses and offices to temporarily shut down, leavingpeople out of work and income-less. Also arrested on March 29 for “pusoy”but in Barangay Rizal Pala-Pala were Marvin Ilastron, 36; Remando Avilla, 55;Allan Arcones, 50; Carlos Nacaase, 42, of Barangay Tanza Timawa, Zone II, CityProper; and Joem Palomo for illegal cock derby. On March 29 the following persons werearrested in Barangay Tanza Timawa, City Proper for “pusoy”: Rodolfo Cuambot, 30, and relatives, Ronil Cuambot,30; Joey Carbaquil, 35; Joebert Carbaquil, all of Barangay Washington,Escalante City, Negros Occidental; Oliver Cuambot, 28, of Sigma, Capiz;Bonifacio Jaspe, 31, of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental; Ronel Faigones, 18, ofBarangay Tigmarabo, Miag-ao, Iloilo; and RJ Labrador, 32, of Perasol Street,Binagawan, Iloilo. On the other hand, Rodolfo Bajade, 24,of Barangay South Fundidor, Molo district and Julius Borro, 25, of BarangayCalaparan, Arevalo district were also arrested. In the same period last year, the citypolice carried out only one anti-illegal gambling operation, said PoliceCaptain Shella Mae Sangrines, city police office information officer. The Iloilo City Police office (ICPO)is wary of a surge in illegal gambling activities. Seventeen people were arrested forillegal gambling here in five police operations from March 20 to 30, ICPO datashowed. On the other hand, the ICPO recordedonly two cases of theft between March 20 to 30. Last year in the same period,it monitored 13 cases./PN
One man was killed and three others sustained non-life threatening injuries in a shooting that took place early Sunday in a parking garage near the Broward Center for the Performing Arts.According to Fort Lauderdale Police spokeswoman Casey Liening, the incident happened around 4:15 a.m. at 101 S.W. Fifth Avenue.The parking garage also serves the Museum of Discovery and Science, as well as nearby restaurants and clubs.Debbie Anestor, the aunt of one of the victims, says that her 25-year-old nephew, Bidline Vil, and his girlfriend got into a dispute with someone at one of the adjacent nightclubs, when the argument carried over to the garage. She says her nephew then shot and killed the other man in self-defense, adding,”He saved many lives by killing him. He’s a hero.”Anestor says her nephew, who has a concealed weapons permit, was shot five times during the altercation, and his girlfriend was shot once.The three victims who were injured were treated at Broward Health Medical Center.The investigation is ongoing.
The Bronx Zoo says the woman who is seen in a now-viral video trespassing inside its lion enclosure on Saturday could have been killed.“This action was a serious violation and unlawful trespass that could have resulted in serious injury or death, a Bronx zoo spokesperson said. “Barriers and rules are in place to keep both visitors, staff, and animals safe.”The unidentified woman is seen a video taken by a bystander at the exhibit dancing and waving her hands seemingly taunting the lion.According to the NYPD, The Bronx Zoo filed a complaint for criminal trespass.It is unclear how the woman got over the barrier or how long she wasNeither the woman nor the lion were injured in the incident.
Damien Duff will join the Shamrock Rovers coaching staff for the rest of the season.The 37-year-old joins the first team as a coach and will assist interim manager Stephen Bradley.Duff made nine appearances for the club last year before retiring as a player. Meanwhile, Limerick sealed their place in the EA Sports cup final with a 1-0 win over Derry in the Brandywell last night.Stephen Kenny with the only goal as the first division leaders claimed a huge scalp.They’ll play Shamrock Rovers or St Pats in the final. In the SSE Airtricity league Premier Division St Pats overcame Wexford Youths 1-0 at Ferrycarraig Park.Ian Bermingham got the goal after 26 minutes. The Lilywhites trail 1-0 going into the match in Tallaght stadium.The game can’t be hosted at Oriel Park as it does not meet the standard for this stage of the competition.Kick- is at 8pm.
Although he is only 22-years-old, Meyer made 192 appearances for the Royal Blues – his debut coming in February 2013, when he was aged just 17.Meyer also has four senior international appearances to his name but has not been part of the Germany squad at the last two World Cups.Speaking to talkSPORT’s Jim White on The Jim White Show, Hodgson suggested this was the perfect opportunity for the new signing to show he was a good player in a league other than the Bundesliga.Hodgson said: “We’re very pleased, of course, to get his signing at last, it’s been going on for a while. Roy Hodgson said he is impressed with the attitude and maturity of Max Meyer after the German signed a three-year deal with Crystal Palace.Meyer joins the Eagles after seeing out his contract with Bundesliga club Schalke. Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer targets targets RANKED Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade REVEALED LATEST Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti Meyer has signed a three-year deal with Palace moving on “We always wanted to make sure he became a Palace player for this coming season and, luckily, yesterday it was sorted out to everyone’s satisfaction.“The times I have met him I’ve been very impressed with his attitude and his maturity for a young person as well.“He’s 22 and he’s got a lot of Bundesliga games under his belt and a lot of international matches and Champions League matches.“We’re signing a young but experienced player and a player who I think will be keen to show he’s a very good player in a league other than the Bundesliga.” The arrival of Meyer could pave the way for Wilfried Zaha to leave the club – who has been linked with moves to Tottenham and Chelsea The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star LIVING THE DREAM Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January 2 Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ 2 IN DEMAND Latest Transfer News The midfielder, who is Palace’s third signing of the summer is a great acquisition with rumours circulating that Wilfried Zaha wants to leave Selhurst Park.However, Hodgson also told talkSPORT that the £70million-rated Zaha has given no indication he would like to leave.