Pulis has not selected Berahino since August 15’s draw with Watford due to concerns over the 22-year-old’s state of mind. He now faces the difficult task of reintegrating a player who appeared more than ready to burn his bridges and – while he accepts Berahino’s desire to develop at the top level – he admits the striker will have to work hard to win over both team-mates and fans. Pulis told the Daily Mail: “Saido’s problem has been how he he’s gone about it. I spoke to Saido and told him not to get involved in anything else but football but again, unfortunately, he didn’t listen. By handing in a transfer request, he only antagonised the whole situation. “Respect has to be earned and Saido has to learn that lesson. West Brom have nurtured Saido’s career for over a decade, they deserve the utmost respect and at times unwillingly he has shown them little. He has to grow up and wise up to the fact that people at West Brom have supported him right from the beginning of his career. “It will be difficult to integrate Saido into this group. His attitude will be questioned. The supporters will also be looking for a player who wears their badge with commitment and honesty, they will want to see Saido showing the respect they deserve.” Regardless of those difficulties, Pulis is adamant Berahino’s threat to down tools will not come to pass and that his differences with Peace are separate from footballing concerns. ” His gripe is with Jeremy – as far as I’m concerned, he will play for West Brom again,” he said. ” I don’t think he will talk to Jeremy. The problem is that he thinks he is being used. Press Association Berahino was the subject of several bids from Tottenham during the transfer window and attempted to force through a move, first by submitting a transfer request and then with a tweet in which he threatened “I can officially say I will never play (for club chairman) Jeremy Peace”. He was granted a period of leave – during which he won few friends by tweeting a picture of himself on a private jet – but is due to return to training on Monday and manager Pulis then plans to speak to the player and his mother over dinner. “If you look at the club, Jeremy has sold players when it has suited him. Look at Shane Long, he sold him (to Hull last January) at a time when the club was left without a recognised forward. I think Saido thinks (Peace) is just looking at finances all the time.” Berahino scored 14 Barclays Premier League goals, and 20 in all competitions, last season but has played just twice so far in the new campaign, without finding the net. He earned his first call-up to the senior England squad in November for games against Slovenia and Scotland. Tony Pulis will welcome Saido Berahino back into his West Brom squad – but will do so with some strong words for the controversial striker.
“Chelsea is one of the most important clubs in the most important championship in Europe,” Sarri said when speaking to official club app the 5th Stand on Monday.“In the Premier League there are all the most important coaches in Europe, maybe in the world.“It will be for me very exciting to play against Guardiola, Pochettino, Mourinho, Klopp and the others.”Chelsea finished fifth last season and so missed out on a place in Europe’s elite Champions League.“I think Chelsea is a good team,” said former Napoli boss Sarri.“The problem is that in England there are another five, six very good teams. With one or two adjustments we can try to play my football.“I want to enjoy, first of all, myself. The players have to enjoy themselves. First of all I hope that fans can enjoy the team.”Sarri’s comments came as Conte, 48, issued a statement through England’s League Managers’ Association.Conte was sacked on Friday, just 55 days after guiding Chelsea to FA Cup glory at Wembley in his final match in charge of the London club.He was replaced by Sarri just 24 hours later amid reports that Conte’s final months at Stamford Bridge had been marred by infighting with Chelsea chiefs, particularly over transfer policy.— ‘Unforgettable seasons’ —But there was no trace of bitterness in his LMA statement, with Conte insisting: “I would like to thank all of my friends at Chelsea Football Club for their hard work and support over the past two seasons which enabled us to win the Premier League and FA Cup together.“It was fantastic for me to be able to share my emotions, passion and enthusiasm throughout two unforgettable seasons with these amazing Chelsea supporters, who will always stay in my heart.“I hope Chelsea will continue to be successful and I wish everyone well for next season.”He added: “I have made many memories during my time with Chelsea, which I will take with me into my next challenge.”Conte won the 2016/17 Premier League title with Chelsea in his first season as coach and signed an improved contract, but not an extension to the deal which was due to expire in June 2019.Sarri’s first game in charge of Chelsea is set to be their pre-season friendly against Perth Glory in Western Australia on July 23.The 59-year-old is the ninth full-time manager of Chelsea since Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich bought the club 15 years ago.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Chelsea’s new manager Maurizio Sarri said he is looking forward to facing the “important coaches” in the Premier League. © AFP/File / ALBERTO PIZZOLILONDON, United Kingdom, Jul 16 – New Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has spoken of his excitement at facing many of the world’s leading managers now that he in charge of a Premier League side.The Italian’s arrival at Stamford Bridge, where he replaces compatriot Antonio Conte, sees him join a multi-national cast of managers in English football’s top-flight, with Spain’s Pep Guardiola in charge of champions Manchester City, Argentina’s Mauricio Pochettino the manager of Tottenham Hotspur, Portugal’s Jose Mourinho at the helm of Manchester United and Germany’s Jurgen Klopp in control at Liverpool.