A charity shop worker made a huge error when she accidentally sold an electrician’s £200 tools for £1.Andrew Bickel, 39, was working for free fitting a new light switch in the charity shop in Cardiff when his tools suddenly vanished.He had nipped out to his van when his toolbox went missing.Asking what had happened to them, it quickly became clear that they had been sold – for just one pound.Andrew said: “It was a job as a favour. They mentioned that they had a faulty light switch so I said I would come back and change the switch. “I left my tools on a book case and went out to my van to get a switch.”I came back in and my tools had gone.”I asked if anyone had seen where they were and a customer told me a someone had just bought them.”We went outside but apparently he had got into a white Audi and driven away.”Mr Bickel is sure the person who bought the tools knew what a deal he was getting.He said: “I think he will have known how much they are worth!””He had gone up to the counter and told the old lady they were in a bargain bin and they were sold for £1.”Inside the toolbox there were professional screwdrivers worth £50-60, my pliers, cutters and testers worth about £200.”He continued: “They were so upset and apologised. “They offered to reimburse me but I said just pay half and I will pay the other half. I didn’t want them to be out of pocket.” “I was fuming but I find it quite funny now. My wife and friends can’t believe it.”And after all of that, Mr Bickel doesn’t even like cats. He said: “I bloody hate cats. They make me sneeze”. Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings.
- Cat charity shop worker accidentally sells electricians £200 tools for £1