The Huskies will officially get started on their campaign when training camp begins at the Pomeroy Sport Centre on August 28. Those wanting to take part are asked to contact Clothier at 250-793-0978. The Fort St. John Huskies have made a couple of changes to their exhibition schedule. The Huskies will open their pre-season docket on September 16 in Chetwynd against the Dawson Creek Junior Canucks. That will be followed by two games against a team from the North Eastern Alberta Junior B Hockey League, the Vermillion Tigers on September 19 and 20 at the Pomeroy Sport Centre.The club had been in talks with the Tigers for some time leading up to today’s announcement and plans were finalized for the two game series last night.Huskies general manager Jeremy Clothier said it’s a benefit to the club playing teams from outside of the NWJHL.- Advertisement -“We’ve been trying to get something lined up with a team not in our league because we do see our league teams six times throughout the year. We thought that if we played a team from outside of our league we’d get a little bit more exposure and some different competition than we see all year,” he said.With having exhibition games this year the plan is to keep a few extra bodies on hand after the team’s training camp ends to see how those vying for the last spots look in game action compared to practices.“We’ll probably keep a few extra ones this year,” Clothier said. “It’s nice to have a couple of exhibition games to actually see what kids can bring to the table during a game. You can watch them practice and some kids will look really good or not so good, and then they’re a different player when the game comes.”Advertisement
– Advertisement -UPDATE – The RCMP have released more information about this incident, click here for the detailsFort St. John RCMP are on scene at 78A St. after someone was hit by a vehicle in a driveway.Police say a person was taken to hospital, but no further details were given and there is no indication as to how serious the injuries are.More to come.
This Saturday morning on Sportsday we continue to get the latest from the ongoing Investec Test between England and Pakistan at Edgbaston.There is also reaction from the opening fixture of this season’s Sky Bet Championship as Newcastle United are beaten 1-0 by Fulham plus we react to the Olympics opening ceremony.All that as well as the latest ahead of Sunday’s Community Shield between Leicester City and Manchester United as well as this afternoon’s Super League clash between Catalans Dragons and Widnes Vikings.All brought to you by Russ Hargreaves and the team.
Seamus Coleman has signed a lucrative five-year contract extension at Everton. Coleman enjoyed a stunning season for the Merseyside club last year.His outstanding and consistent performances earned Coleman a place on the PFA team of the year. Sky Sports analysts Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville said Coleman was the best right-back in the Premier League last season.Coleman was also awarded with the Everton fans player-of-the-year award and was given the same accolade by his colleagues.Speculation had linked Coleman with summer moves away from Goodison Park.Arsenal and Manchester United had expressed interest in Coleman, but Everton boss Roberto Martinez insisted Coleman would be going nowhere, and said he would be rewarded with a new contract. It is believed that Coleman will earn up to £40,000 per-week as part of the bumper contract.Coleman has also become a key player for the Irish international side and has been touted as a future Irish captain.Coleman has captained the Irish senior side once, in a fixture against Wales last season. COLEMAN SIGNS ‘SWEET’ FIVE YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION WITH THE TOFFEES was last modified: June 27th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
The recession may still be biting but the Inishowen community showed that it is fighting back. The local business community was out in force to attend the first ever Inishowen Development Partnership’s Business Awards Ceremony last Thursday in Buncrana.The event, organised by the Inishowen Development Partnership (IDP), was held to celebrate the success of local entrepreneurs and small business owners who have been supported in their start up by IDP and to showcase the talent and entrepreneurial skills within the Peninsula. Three new local businesses – Hugh Doherty, Iconic Flowers Ltd, Eilish Grant, Grant Apparel (Clubman) Ltd and Jonathan Doherty & Christopher Lynch, (EHP) Efficient Heating & Plumbing Company Ltd all won awards on the night and now go forward to represent Inishowen at the Local Development Companies Regional Finals in Cavan.The businesses, with support from the IDP, the Department of Social Protection, and Solas, successfully managed their transition from unemployment to employment and learned key skills and life lessons on the journey so far.Even better, they have also created job opportunities in an area with limited work possibilities at this time.Speaking at the event, Rosemary Lyons, IDP Enterprise Officer, said that “It must be the worst thing to look back on life and say ‘I would have, I could have, or I should have. “Particularly when there are Agencies out there, like the Inishowen Development Partnership who want to, and can help those taking the journey to self-employment and business start-up.“We want to acknowledge the quality of life benefits that self- employment opportunities bring, to both individuals and the local community.The inaugural Business Awards were organised to recognise IDPs entrepreneurial clients, making every effortto start a new business in difficult times.IDP Manager Shauna McClenaghan explained that the event aimed to “highlight the resulting job creation from these businesses, both full and part-time and other indirect employment opportunities.“We wanted to showcase and celebrate the amazing talent and entrepreneurship which exists in the Inishowen Peninsula. The IDP offers a range of practical supports and for some the best option may be, access the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance Scheme.Which currently allows those taking the self-employment option, the opportunity to retain their social welfare payment for a period between 9 months and 2 years, on a reducing basis, while setting up in business.For others it may be knowledge of the Revenue “Start your Own Business Tax Relief initiative”.This scheme provides an exemption from Income Tax up to a maximum of €40,000 per annum, for a period of two years, to individuals setting up a qualifying business; having been unemployed for a period of at least 12 months prior to starting the business. While this was a positive Event for Inishowen, the one cloud hanging over the Event was the future of the Local Development Company itself.Given the uncertainty around the delivery mechanism of the new Local Development programmes, Rosemary Lyons, pointed out that the Enterprise Officers role combines developmental, vocational and business mentoring roles and stressed the importance of ensuring that this service continues locally and that the benefits to families and individuals is not underestimated.INISHOWEN START-UPS SHOW THE WAY AT BUSINESS AWARDS was last modified: May 28th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:awardsBusinessBusiness start-upsCavanIDPnewsRegional finals
It is passing strange that on the one hand UK is pursuing an FTA with India and on the other hand its proposing visa restrictions that will hurt India. Related Items
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. “It’s nothing new to me,” Leonard said. Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess All that would overload some people. Leonard, however, isn’t like most people. He’s unfazed.“I think it just comes naturally,” Leonard said. “All NBA players, there’s so much distractions from you playing in high school to college to now becoming a pro, it’s probably just pretty much second-nature at this point.” ‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP MOST READ Who are Filipinos rooting for in the NBA Finals? PLAY LIST 01:43Who are Filipinos rooting for in the NBA Finals?01:48NBA: Kawhi, George seek more for Clippers than beating Lakers03:12Kevin Durant out with Achilles injury; to undergo MRI on Tuesday02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Toronto Raptors forward Kawhi Leonard (2) and teammate Fred VanVleet (23) celebrate a point against the Golden State Warriors during the first half of Game 2 of basketball’s NBA Finals, Sunday, June 2, 2019, in Toronto. (Frank Gunn/The Canadian Press via AP)OAKLAND, Calif. — Toronto star Kawhi Leonard has more than a few things on his mind these days.He’ll be a free agent in a few weeks and will decide where he wants to play next season. He’s apparently headed to federal court to solve a disagreement with Nike. He’s clearly dealing with something that isn’t right in his lower body, though he and the team continue to insist that he’s fine.ADVERTISEMENT The Raptors are here largely because of Leonard. Even though six bad minutes that became an 18-0 Golden State run to start the second half of Game 2 — “the quarter from hell,” Raptors coach Nick Nurse called it — ultimately cost Toronto its chance at a 2-0 series lead and retaining home-court advantage, there’s still no obvious sense of uneasiness from the Eastern Conference champions.“It’s going to be even harder on the road,” Raptors guard Fred VanVleet said. “But we’re capable and we know what we bring to the table.”The Raptors have already rallied from 2-1 series deficits twice in these playoffs — against Philadelphia in the second round and against Milwaukee in the East finals. No team in the current 16-team postseason format, which the NBA went to in 1984, has overcome three of those in the same season.“We want to be the first to four,” Raptors guard Kyle Lowry said. “Every game is an urgent game.”Learning to deal with noise from the outside world is a skill that the Raptors have proudly gotten fairly adept at this season — amid the constant din surrounding the trade that brought Leonard to Toronto and whether the team could possibly find a way to entice him to sign and stick around past this season.The last thing the Raptors are worried about is a court case.“A lot of times I don’t know about much of the noise until somebody asks me a question about it, a lot of times,” Nurse said Tuesday before his team practiced at Oracle Arena. “To me, it’s like part of the job. Like most people, I love listening to all the shows and the podcasts and whatever. And I haven’t listened to a one since the playoffs started. I miss it.”The free agency stuff with Leonard, that’ll all get worked out one way or another starting June 30.The noise of concern for Toronto is what’s going to be coming from the fans at Oracle on Wednesday night. Much in the same way that the Toronto crowd fueled the Raptors in Game 1, the same can be expected in the Bay Area for Game 3 — particularly since it’ll be either the second-to-last, or next-to-last, time the Warriors call this building home.As with off-court noise, Leonard won’t be bothered. Or listening. Leonard is famously, almost mythically, quiet. He tends to give short answers during news conferences. He’s not a social-media guy. So it was an odd look on Monday when he — his attorneys, anyway — filed a federal lawsuit in Southern California against Nike over the rights to his distinctive “klaw” logo, one Leonard says he drew himself in either 2011 or 2012.He rarely makes news. To make news like that, during an off day for the NBA Finals, with the series shifting to California, was eye-raising.“It happened a long time ago,” Leonard said of the disagreement between he and Nike — and the lawsuit shows that the battle over the logo has indeed gone on for some time, then ramped up to get to this point. “You guys are just finding out. It’s not a big worry of mine. … I’ve known about it.”In other words, he’s played through that particular portion of off-court drama throughout these playoffs.Obviously, he’s handled it just fine.ADVERTISEMENT DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Here we go: Just like old times, Federer vs. Nadal in France And, oh, there’s the NBA Finals.Game 3 of a tied series, Leonard and the Toronto Raptors taking on the two-time defending champion Golden State Warriors, the biggest game yet this season, is happening Wednesday night.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics LATEST STORIES View comments
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time. cr7cristiano ronaldocristiano ronaldo retirementfootball First Published: October 2, 2019, 9:20 AM IST | Edited by: — Juventus and Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo has dropped a hint on the future of his career and it’s not at all good news for CR7 lovers. Ronaldo, whose contract with Serie Aclub Juventus runs till 2022, has hinted at hanging his boots as he said he wants to focus on the world of business instead.Speaking to Sportbible.com, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner said, “I still love football. I love to entertain the fans and the people who love Cristiano. It doesn’t matter the age, it’s all about mentality.” The 34-year-old, who already has his own line of underwear, denim, footwear, a fragrance line, a digital agency, restaurants, gyms and hotels, said he is enjoying doing something other than football.”The last five years I start to enjoy this process of seeing me outside of football, so who knows what will happen in the next year or two?,” he said.Ronaldo further said, “You have to be yourself all the time, but you can always pick up small details and take something from good examples, not only in football but in other sports as well – Formula 1, NBA, golf, UFC, whatever. The best athletes have a similar work ethic.””You have to trust in yourself. In football, I have more control. I know what I can do. In business, it’s more difficult, you depend on other people, but I have a good team. It will be a challenge,” he told the website.Last week, Ronaldo had said that patience and persistence are the two characteristics that separate the professional from the amateur after he lost out to Lionel Messi for the FIFA player of the year award.Sharing a picture of him reading a book at his home, the star striker wrote, “Patience and persistence are two characteristics that differentiate the professional from the amateur. Everything that is big today started small. You can’t do everything, but do everything you can to make your dreams come true.”
Chennai, May 14 (PTI) The nearly two month-long gruelling campaigning in peak summer for the May 16 Tamil Nadu assembly election that is witnessing a multi-cornered contest comes to an end today.More than 5.79 crore voters in 234 assembly constituencies will decide the fate of 3,776 aspirants, including four Chief Ministerial candidates — incumbent J Jayalalithaa of AIADMK, DMKs M Karunanidhi, DMDKs Vijayakant and Anbumani Ramadoss of PMK.The curtains will come down on campaign at 5 PM today, giving the leaders a breather from the hectic and punishing schedule during which they criss crossed the length and breadth of the state wooing the voters.Tamil Nadu is witnessing a multi-cornered contest with AIADMK, DMK, PWF-DMDK-TMC combine, BJP-led alliance and PMK in the fray. Jayalalithaa is seeking a record second successive term in office in the state, where elections have dethroned the ruling party in the recent decades.The Election Commission has taken all steps to ensure a high voting percentage, with its #Mission100percent awareness campaign that saw actors, sports persons and other celebrities besides social network platform Twitter and Facebook being roped in to educate the voters to cast their democratic right.As many as 65,616 polling booths have been set up in 234 constituencies in 32 districts of the state, up from the 54,016 in 2011.As many as 6,300 booths have been identified as sensitive, where security and other monitoring mechanisms have been stepped up.Of the 234 seats, 44 (SC) and two (ST) are reserved constituencies. In 17 constituencies, the EC is implementing Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT), which will enable a voter to verify that his vote has been cast to the intended candidate. (MORE) PTI SA VS APR RTadvertisement